Saturday 27 May 2017

Working in the garden

Over the last few weeks we have been busy tidying the garden, Mark has created an area for storing the wheelbarrows, wood, empty pots and any bits and pieces that we want to keep but haven't quite got a home for!!

He has built a store for wood with a cover to keep it dry. There is a new fence to separate it from the rest of the garden and I put some plants in it a few weeks ago. It didn't take long for weeds to appear so I spent last Sunday weeding!

We have a bed that is full of lupins which are just starting to flower now, we have lost a few plants over the winter so I need to buy a couple of new plants to replace them.

We have decided to create a new patio area next to the raised beds so I have been tackling the weeds today. I managed to clear a lot of them before it started raining so I will finish it tomorrow. 

Mark replaced the rotten trellis with some new fence panels and ran some wires for the honeysuckle to climb up. Hopefully by the end of the weekend we will have cleared everything and will be ready to start looking a flags for the new patio area.

No comments:

Post a Comment