February has been cold but dry so we have been moving the climbing roses to the new bed and replanting some shrubs and bulbs. There were four large climbing roses so Mark trimmed them back before we moved them. I was in charge of digging the holes but luckily the roses didn't have huge roots so I didn't need to dig too deep!
Once the roses were in place Mark fastened wires to the fence for them to grow along and then fastened the stems to the wires. He gave them a good prune so hopefully we will have a good show of roses this summer.
The chickens were quite interested in what we were doing and came to the fence to watch us!