Monday, 27 August 2012
Home made Lemon Meringue Pie
Here's the recipe I used
1. Roll out enough sweet pastry to line the cake tin.
2. Prick the pastry with a fork and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Make the filling by mixing 45g of cornflour with 75g of unrefined golden caster sugar and 2 tablespoons of water.
4. Bring 200ml of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer and then mix in the cornflour paste and the zest and juice of 3 large lemons.
5. Mix until thickened and remove from heat then whisk in 3 egg yolks.
6. Pour the filling into the pastry case.
7. Make the meringue by whisking 3 egg whites with 175g of unrefined golden caster sugar.
8. Spread the meringue over the filling and bake in a cool oven for 40 to 45 minutes.